Ingredients (serves 4):
2 tbsp olive oil
2 tbsp butter
2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
2 shallots, finely diced
2 tbsp Marsala wine
4 tbsp Scotch Whisky Sauce
400ml double cream
200g parmesan cheese, grated
200g baby spinach leaves, washed
Salt and pepper
- Heat the oil and butter in a large frying pan and add the shallots and garlic.
- Cook until just softened (3-5 minutes) and add the Marsala wine and the Scotch Whisky Sauce.
- Add the cream and ¾ grated Parmesan cheese, bring to the boil then add the spinach (stalks removed).
- Cover and cook over a low heat until the spinach is just wilted. Season with plenty of ground black pepper.
- Cook and drain the pasta, then add and toss with the cream/spinach mixture. Sprinkle the remaining parmesan over the top.